1. Saw the Systimber beams
- Systimber-beams are adjusted on site and can be connected in a masonry way or a grid.
- A special ruler profile can be screwed to the cross-cut saw /miter saw. This ensures the accuracy when the beams are shortened – the cut is exactly in the middle of two grid holes.
- The width of the cut is 4mm and equals the cross-cut side when building in a masonry way. These can be finished airtight with an elastic kit.
- Assembly is self-explanatory and simple, as it only has two components.
2. Anchor the Systimber beams
- The anchors or brackets allow the profiles to float at a chosen distance above the concrete floor.
- The junction should be sealed on the inside with a foam tape or sealant. On the outside, this should be finished with shrinkproof mortar.
- The corner brackets/anchors can be attached using standard tools (screwdriver or drill).
3. Assemble the Systimber beams
- Flexible double EPDM seals between the beams keep the unit airtight and watertight.
- The fixings and anchors are invisible.
4. Tighten the bolts
- Systimber-beams are connected according to a dimensionally stable system using crossing steel rods, comprising Systimber® bolts screwed together.
- De Systimber®-bolts are tightened using standard tools (screwdriver or drill).
- The cumulative length of the Systimber® bolts holds the overall length of the assembled building boards stable, whereas each beam separately is free to shrink and swell according to the humidity.
Systimber = easy and fast construction
- Two people, with standard hand tools and a Dewalt-style cross-cut saw can assemble 100m² per day or build a complete housing unit within the space of a week.
- All types of additional insulation and finishes are feasible but not immediately required.
- Systimber can be deconstructed and rebuilt repeatedly without any damage.
“Two people with standard hand tools and a cross-cut saw can assemble 100m² Systimber per day “
Systimber assets for woodworker and owner
- No prefabrication = no intricate preparation => onsite adjustment
- Multifunctional standard element for floors, walls and roofs.
- Stable and sturdy load-bearing wall, roof and floor components
- No immediate finish required on the inside nor on the outside
- Simple crane-free assembly and construction.
- For new buildings and renovations.
- Compact transport volume and light weight ( 14kg )
- More affordable than bricks, concrete or framing.
- Hidden connections and anchors
- 10% more usable surface
- Insulated and compact.
- Dry and reusable construction.
- Healthy and sustainable
- Water- and airtight
Systimber = Simple assembly
- Simple assembly of airtight and waterproof walls, floor and roofs with only two components: a solid wood beam and a Systimber bolt.
- Systimber is invented and patented in Belgium.
- Central information and support service via www.systimber.com
- Manufactured under licence by Zonnehoeve VZW.
- Exclusively distributed through approved timber traders